• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can CS6 still be installed on a new computer?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe allow CS6 to be installed on a new computer?  Just learned that CS3 cannot be installed on a new computer without the activation-free replacement installer and serial number.  I need CS3 to open a PCD file but will have to find another way, I guess.  Want to make sure that the CS6 won't have the same issues before buying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How new is your computer and what kind is it? We need information to help you, impossible to answer properly without knowing Mac or PC and what version of OS. CS6 may not install on all systems because of how old it is.

Also, where are you purchasing it from? Adobe is no longer selling or supporting that version and depending on where you get it the license may not be honored either.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Windows 10 Pro? Do you know offhand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this page, W10 is not supported but it seems to run okay:

Windows 10 compatibility statement and FAQ 

There's also Compatibility Mode in Windows but I'm not very familiar with that. I do know that newer Macs ship with Catalina and that will not support older 32-bit apps, period. (that's why posting your computer type is important!)

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm running CS6 on Windows 10 Home, will go to CC soon I know, but for now I have a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and wasn't sure what would happen.. I don't have time for a learning curve at the moment, and was hoping to delay the CC thing for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have a legit copy I would just test it out and see how it goes. The CC license for Photoshop/Lightroom only is inexpensive should you need to upgrade.

FWIW, I think Photoshop is one of the easier applications to adjust to when updating to a newer version. You may find the interface has changed and some tools have been added, but underneath it all it's still the same old Photoshop 🙂

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Home.  I was looking on eBay but after reading all the comments, I think I will pass. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above, Adobe is no longer selling CS6, and I seriously doubt you can find a legitimate copy that will work and not load your computer with malware. You would be taking a huge risk buying CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, CS6 is no longer being sold and the ones you will find are pirated copies with malware.

Here are the current plans: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html
The Photography plan (Annual, $9.99 per month) is a good deal if all you want is Photoshop and Lightroom.

You can get a free 7-day trial to make sure it runs on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I will need to try the one week free trial to make sure the Photography plan will do what I need to do.  I want to do apparel design with Photoshop using my own textile images. 

Is Adobe Elements 2020 a good value?  Again, probably need the free trial to see what it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with jane-e, there is no reason to buy a copy of CS6 and risk all the issues that may come with it. Spend that money on the lower-priced Photoshop/LR plan and just get the latest version (and peace of mind ).

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i transfer my 6CS to my new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a legit copy, it will still appear in your Downloadable programs in your Adobe account, along with your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines