• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use my Windows Photoshop CS6 serial on a Mac?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased CS6 for my pc.  Now, I have a Mac and am wondering if I can use the second download on my Mac.  Will Adobe issue me a Mac version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

No. A license is for either PC or Mac, not both. You would need to buy the Mac version. However, if you are willing to give up your PC license, I believe some sort of 'crossgrade' deal might apply. You will need to talk to Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. A license is for either PC or Mac, not both. You would need to buy the Mac version. However, if you are willing to give up your PC license, I believe some sort of 'crossgrade' deal might apply. You will need to talk to Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much guys!  I think it is totally possible.  It's a hard decision because I use both computers.  I prefer my new Mac and want to use it for post processing.  Thanks again!

Victoria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it is too late for you now, but in the future (CS7?), if you are still using a Mac and PC, you may want to check on an Adobe Creative Cloud membership. That license allows for on install on two computers, but they can be different platforms (Mac and PC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charles badland wrote:

It sounds like it is too late for you now, but in the future (CS7?), if you are still using a Mac and PC, you may want to check on an Adobe Creative Cloud membership. That license allows for on install on two computers, but they can be different platforms (Mac and PC)

I didn't know that about Cloud. Thank you. I may look into that myself come CS7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you give up your license, what does that mean exactly?  if it just means I won't have their support or be able to buy plugins I would be ok with that.  once I download to the MAC, I would be doing everything from that point. 

But, in referance to iCloud, I'm not convinced about the safety issues plus the ability to retrieve files as of yet.  I know it does not work on my iphone and has totally messed up the calendars and contacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you give up your license, what does that mean exactly?

Nothing. You are just exchanging your PC version for a Mac version. Just like exchanging a pair of shoes that are the wrong size. You trade your PC version for the Mac. But, since software is software, not shoes, you have to commit or somehow authenticate you are not still using the PC version as well.

But, in referance to iCloud, I'm not convinced about the safety issues plus the ability to retrieve files as of yet.

Adobe Cloud is different from Apple iCloud. From what I understand... Adobe Cloud is really just a membership service. You keep the actual app and its products on your machine. Its activation is controlled via an internet connection. At least, that is my understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use your serial number on both but if you want to use it on mac you can swap the platform by contacting adobe customer service. You can only use your product on one platform at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use your serial number on both but if you want to use it on mac you can swap the platform by contacting adobe customer service. You can only use your product on one platform at a time.

As Bob said in post #1.

And a platform swap can only happen once on that version license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which format do you prefer or is there a differance?

Victoria

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowadays, I think it is more a matter of preference. Photoshop works well on both platforms. I have used Macs for 20-odd years and will probably not switch any time soon. As far as machines... Apple (IMO) makes some dynamite laptops, but you pay a premium. I have read some good reviews on the new desktop iMac (sans optical drive) . 

If you are asking about existing machines to run Photoshop, I would go with whatever is newer and most robust (RAM, Hard drive space, processor, video card, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. There are so many things I prefer to do on my pc with photos, such as renaming files and scrolling over photos to get information, that it makes me wonder if I should do it. )

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you swap your platform you will get a media for free from adobe for future references. You can switch to Mac anytime you want but you won't be able to switch it back and you have to deactivate the product from windows first. Your product should not be OEM, second hand or volume license because adobe dosen't allow swap in these cases. Hope i helped you out a bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what is serial number of cs 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines