• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone solve my Photoshop 2020 Scratch Disk Issue please?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.24.49 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per the screenshot, your primary disk does not have enough disk space. Please free up some storage space on your computer and let us know if that let's you select the scratch disk. See this article for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I have tried to read the article and follow the instructions, but the problem is I don't see the menu of Photoshop - preferences. Here's the screenshot.  How do I get into this program and open the preferences?Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 1.41.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your disk is full! You will soon have much bigger problems than Photoshop. Your whole machine can freeze up at any moment, unless you immediately free up as much space as you can.

This is an emergency situation. This is not about instructions or preferences. You should never allow the disk to fill up more than 75% or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect an empty external drive and choose that for your scratch disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines