Highlighted

Can't go fullscreen on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue, I can't go fullscreen on Photoshop. I have the latest Photoshop CC, MacBook Pro, High Sierra, the green expand button on the left upper side of the window has the "+" instead of the fullscreen button. Anyone has the same problem? Gone, poof!! It works in other apps (Lightroom included)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't go fullscreen on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue, I can't go fullscreen on Photoshop. I have the latest Photoshop CC, MacBook Pro, High Sierra, the green expand button on the left upper side of the window has the "+" instead of the fullscreen button. Anyone has the same problem? Gone, poof!! It works in other apps (Lightroom included)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maximising the window is not supported on Photoshop CC 2017 release under the new Mission Control in High Sierra. As of versions Lightroom CC (2015), this feature is supported.

However, if you wish to go full screen mode, you can do so by selecting the "Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar" option;

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.28.03 AM.png

Regards,

Eashan Misra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eashan,

I had the ability to do that earlier yesterday, to use the little green button with the two arrows. I didn't change anything in my system, it just changed to the + out of nowhere.

But more important look what happens when I go to full screen mode (A bar where the dock was stays there, and adobe won't let me expand the window beyond that. I know it's kinda hard to see, my wallpaper is a bit dark.)

I know I can hide the toolbar (in all screens), but I don't want to do that. Fullscreen mode works fine in Chrome, Lightroom and all other apps (the dock disappears, and windows go all the way to the edge of the screen)

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.55.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 11.02.10 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some further research, came across this page:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Installing the plug in took care of the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains it. My dock is on "auto-hide."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable, I pay monthly for a program that doesn't support the mac way of moving fullscreen apps to spaces.

Yet Lightroom offers this functionality. WHAT IS GOING ON!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2018 18
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is incompetent. Since the new leadership, they are only interested in cashing in on monopoly.

What we need is a viable competitor to PS so we can dump it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not have the green Full-screen double-headed arrow button on Photoshop or Bridge in either my Sierra or High Sierra laptops. Just the Green +

That sounds normal. Pressing F on your keyboard will get your image into Fullscreen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply auto hide the dock using command+option+D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 8
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely works. Thanks Shivams. But they still need to make it like photoshop where you can go full screen without using trick just following minimising tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not the point. Adobe needs to support the native full screen mode that nearly all other professional software on the Mac does. It’s about more than the dock. With the dues I’ve paid for CC they could hire a team to sort this problem out, they just don’t.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2019 1
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to bring this up in Photoshop Family Customer Community

Adobe has product managers there that can better discuss this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved? It really slows down workflow to not be able to make this its own desktop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found a fix already, but what I do is add a second desktop and put photoshop on that.

You just open your window viewer (3 finger up-swipe on the trackpad) and click the '+' in the top right. It should make a 'desktop 2'. Then, with photoshop open, just drag the PS window into the desktop 2 preview. Now you can Control + right/left arrow onto photoshop as if it were in native fullscreen mode.

Hope I helped someone 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally does nothing. The dock is still there even on the second desktop. The only way to go fullscreen is to hide the dock. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0