• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reach support by phone to have them deactivate photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video card is dying. I ordered a new computer which just went into shipment. Because of the video card problem, Photoshop won't start and I can't deactivate it. I try the support phone number but keep getting the message they they don't support the products, then they disconnect.

Can anyone tell me how to reach Adobe to have them deactivate Photoshop from my computer?

The number that gets me no where is 1-800-833-6687.

Thank you so much if you can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

go here

Contact Customer Care

Choose Photoshop, then licencing and activation, followed by 'show me more contact options' button and select 'Chat'. The technician can deactivate your software and it's not relevant that you have older software as licencing and activation continues to be supported.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! I did go through chat. The agent didn't seem to know what he was doing and couldn't help. But I thought of using the "task manager" and sure enough, a photoshop prosses was running. I shut it off and Photoshop started so I was able to deactivate.

So I actually found the correct answer for myself. Your answer should have worked if the agent had known what he was doing. He said it wasn't his area of expertize.

I miss the old adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have a limit of two activations, you'll likely be able to install on your second PC without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to say is that you need an “activation count reset”. Don’t ask for support, don’t tell them you have an old product until asked. Don’t do this at all if you have older than CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines