• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANNOT CREATE SHORTCUTS

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On updating my Adobe Creative Cloud on an HP Pavilion running Widnsow 10, I opted to remove old versions for Photoshop and Adobe Bridge thinking I would save disk space. When I tried opening these from the icon that was left on the desktop from before updating, I got a message that the underlying program had been removed or relocated. So I went to the start button, found Adobe Photoshop and Bridge and tried creating shortcuts. I got the message "Windows 10 cannot create shortcut. Check to see if disk is full" or something similar. I also tried going to the program and just pulling on to the desktop. Same message. Anyone ever have this problem and, if so, were you able to resolve? Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, how much disk space do you have? Maybe you should check that.

system_disk.png

With modern Windows versions, you're not really "supposed" to have application shortcuts on the desktop. The native method is to just put them on the taskbar.

But if you want it, go to the actual .exe here:

shortcut.png

Here's what you normally do to put it on the taskbar. Personally I haven't had an application shortcut on the desktop since Windows 2000.

system_taskbar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With modern Windows versions, you're not really "supposed" to have application shortcuts on the desktop.

Curious! Why?

My Taskbar is 'Clean' -only open active programs.

My Desktop has icons for all my commonly used programs. The {Windows} key takes me there easily.

ScreenShot001_result.jpg

I use the [Pin to Start] menu option to place (Shortcut) icons on the Desktop-

ScreenShot002_result_1.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put "supposed" in quotation marks just to imply that it's what Windows immediately presents as easily accessible.

If I gave the impression that you should do it that way, it wasn't intended. Obviously you can do whatever you want.

The main point was that there's no immediate way (that I know of) to make desktop shortcuts. Then you have to go through a couple of steps to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines