Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot find the folder where the photos are saved

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I was working on some pics, when I saved them (save with name) I forgot to chose the folder. I did it again with another pic and I found out the default folder is named 20161221 204741. But I cannot find the folder anywhere on my Mac. Where are my photos now?

Thank you for helping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, go to File menu > Open Recent and bring up that file.

Cmd-click or Right-click on the Document tab and select "Reveal in Finder" to bring up a Finder window where the file is located.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With open recent, it opens the original files, not the edited ones.

The very strange thing, is that the folder doesnt appear when I search for it in finder...it seems it doesnt exist on my disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default edited files are saved in the same folder as the original file.  Depending on how you save the file, it might have extension .psd and this file retains all your layers which can be re-edited at a later date.

If you hover over the file in Recent Files start-up screen, it will tell you where the file is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do that same "Save as name" procedure again. When the dialog box opens with folder name, click on that name and you will see the path. For example if it's the Desktop folder:

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 7.21.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines