• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS M50 - .CR3 file

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I cannot import the RAW format (.cr3) into photoshop or lightroom. I downloaded the Canon Digital Professional and it is taking a 6-10 second delay.  Anyone have a work around?  I understand it is a new camera, and a new format, but I need to get these images processed.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

The M50 is now supported in todays ACR update to 10.3

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now your may only have that option use Canon DPP to converter CR3 RAW files into RGB image file.  Some time in the future other RAW converters will start to support CR3 raw files. As you wrote its a new RAW format.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see if Raw Therapee will support it. RawTherapee Blog

So far Adobe has yet to release anything that does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue re Raw CR3. I have the new Canon EOS M50, and I use latest version of DNG Converter ver. 10.2.1. However I understand that the converter will eventually offer a CR3 conversion to DNG. My question is: how do I find out that this conversion is now available? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If/when it becomes supported it will be added to the list at the link below:

Adobe Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with someone from canon and lightroom will be getting a update this week to support the new CR3 files! I hope this information helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The M50 is now supported in todays ACR update to 10.3

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you all very much for your input and the great news that a new update now can convert Canon CR3 files, through Adobe DNG Converter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my apps are updated to the latest version, however, I am trying to open my camera files with no use. Tried the compressed type and the not compressed raw files. Tried to open the files in Lightroom classic, lightroom cc,  photoshop. All with the same results. The files cannot be recognized.

I tried downloading the DNG file converter, still with no use. The converter doesn't recognize the files even though, it clearly states that it does on the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get help, you need to tell us the exact model of camera, the exact version of Photoshop and the exact version of Camera Raw.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davescm ! Thanks for replying to my inquiry . . . here are the details ( LIKE SERIOUSLY DETAILED, lol)

Camera Model:

Canon Eos M50 (Kiss M)

Photoshop Version Details :

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.3 20180323.r.293 2018/03/23: 1163761  x64

The version of Camera Raw:

Canon`s CR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one crucial detail we need is the one you left out: the version of Camera Raw. You've listed your camera's file format instead.

The Camera Raw version will be something like 10.x (where x can be any number. In your case you need 3).

In Photoshop, click Help (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) > About Plug-Ins > Camera Raw

Which version is shown? As mentioned before, you need 10.3. If it says anything earlier then update Camera Raw.

Click the Adobe Cloud icon in your toolbar and look for Camera Raw CC. If it says Update then do so. If not then download and install 10.3 manually.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw is updated to the latest version, too. In the Adobe Creative Cloud app, it says clearly "up to date".  which is 10.3 .0.933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you still can't open CR3 files from your camera?

What is the exact error message? Can you upload a sample file to Dropbox and post a link so we can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just opened a sample M50 CR3 file from here without any issues just using File >Open.

Canon EOS M50 Sample Images | Photography Blog

Can you open a CR3 from that page?

If not, how exactly are you opening them  File >Open,   File >Open As , via bridge ....etc?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I downloaded one of those filed, I actually managed to open it normally.

For some reason, my own files will not open . . . This is one of my camera`s raw files:

_MG_0123.CR3 - Google Drive

and this is what happens when I try to open it in adobe lightroom001.jpg

002.jpg

Please, guys, try to open the raw file I uploaded and tell me how did it go  . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried and I can open the sample file I linked to here, but I cannot open the file you posted. Is it straight from the camera or has it been through any other software?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists with both the compressed and non-compressed raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening the files directly from the SD card or transferring them first. The reason I ask is that in this thread Re: Lightroom Classic 7.3 Release Does Not Import CR3 Files  the poster was able to import CR3 uncompressed format  files to Lightroom only after transferring them to disk.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transferred all the files to my PC ( Tried with my mac, too). and then tried opening them. same result. Apps cant recognize the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sample .CR3 and your CR3 file:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 3.33.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no issues opening the sample CR3 files at the link posted by Dave. They're 38.5MB Raw files.

I cannot open the one you posted. It seems to be damaged. It's only 11.7MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not damaged.  It opens normally in DPP4.

Canon introduced a new compressed version of CR3 that is much lighter than the original RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem I try to change card reader, I found that copying files was smoother than before and there were no broken files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines