• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas not showing as the dimensions I want.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create something on a 851 x 315 pixel canvas. When I put these dimensions it's giving me a really small box and when I blow it up my image is blurry. Can anyone help? I had a friend put those dimensions in his computer and it showed up the correct way.

I attached a screenshot

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 11.37.22 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I could be wrong but it looks like a screen resolution issue, have you checked the UI scaling in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't I'll try that. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference between you and your friend's display is likely to be the screen pixel resolution. If two screens are the same physical size but one has more pixels than the other, then the individual pixels are smaller on the screen with the higher resolution. That in turn means that an image of a fixed pixel size will look smaller on the higher resolution screen.

In Photoshop, 100% zoom is not a physical size but just maps 1 image pixel onto 1 screen pixel.

The controls shown by Ged above alter the user interface not the image itself.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is 851 pixels, then it looks to be something like a 12 inch Retina screen (2304 x 1440) at 200%.    It's weird that a person knows how to attach a screen shot, but does not understand screen resolution, but from my experiences with Camera Club members, it is maybe not that unusual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot posted by the OP is 4417 x 2683. so that's at least the resolution of the monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My screen is 27".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines