Canvas Rotate Jumping View

May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working in Photoshop CC 21.1.2 and decided to rotate the canvas to help with drawing a circle. This has always worked fine in the past, but now the tool has started jumping the canvas around randomly every time the rotate is released. It's highly annoying and I cannot see what setting could be causing it. I've attached a video clip of it happening, hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canvas Rotate Jumping View

May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working in Photoshop CC 21.1.2 and decided to rotate the canvas to help with drawing a circle. This has always worked fine in the past, but now the tool has started jumping the canvas around randomly every time the rotate is released. It's highly annoying and I cannot see what setting could be causing it. I've attached a video clip of it happening, hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 1
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here in 21.1.3 and at say 200 percent zoom the part of your image you're working on jumps clear out of view.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the latest update – the one with the new logo – works fine with the rotate canvas tool, great!

Although it's not. I'm having terrible problems with layers leaving ghost imprints on the background and odd, 'blocky' effects when drawing on new layers. I've given up and gone back to 2019 version. I'll try again when they release another update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jont,

I'm having that probelm too.  PS 2020 (21.1.1) has it, and so does PS 2121 (22.0.1).  Since they didn't fix it in the latest version, I figure it is some setting, but I can't find it either.  I assume there is a fix or more people would be talking about it. My fix is to use PS 2019.

Did you find a solution?  Thanks.

@jont_sheridan @georgek37401698 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

@jont_sheridan @georgek37401698 @user19860331

Perhaps you have figured this out already.  The solution is goto Preferences > Tools and check box "Overscroll".  That should fi it.  Note: some users have said you need to check "Zoom Resizes Window" but not for me.  

More info in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/problem-while-rotate-zoom-in-out-in-photoshop-2020/td-p/107...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0