• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina egpu not available to photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac Mini 2018/latest Catalina, Breakaway box with RX570 seen in Apple hardware displays.  Photoshop preferences does not see the RX570 in performance  preferences.

Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

I 'fixed' it.

It wasn't easy to see that MacOS had accepted the egpu (yeah you get the little icon on top but nothing in Displays so it was hard to confirm at the MacOS level)

Then I saw that you have to right click on the .exe (e.g. bridge.exe) and then select 'egpu preferred'.

Then it all worked.

Thanks
(how could anyone possibily get confused about this?..........................................................)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

You can also get to the same place by selecting the Adobe Bridge APP (by example), right click, select Get Info and arrive at same destination as above

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the RX570 graphics card is not getting detected in Photoshop's performance preferences.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is the version of macOS Catalina you're running?

Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'fixed' it.

It wasn't easy to see that MacOS had accepted the egpu (yeah you get the little icon on top but nothing in Displays so it was hard to confirm at the MacOS level)

Then I saw that you have to right click on the .exe (e.g. bridge.exe) and then select 'egpu preferred'.

Then it all worked.

Thanks
(how could anyone possibily get confused about this?..........................................................)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.exe? You are indeed confused! 😉

In case other people have the same problem: You need to click once (not right-click) on the Photoshop.app icon and then choose 'Get Info'. There you will find the option to prefer the External GPU.

1 2020-10-12 15-17-51.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plead guilty (my excuse is that I talk in Windows and dream in MacOS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also get to the same place by selecting the Adobe Bridge APP (by example), right click, select Get Info and arrive at same destination as above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines