Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine CC 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

since I’ve updated all my Adobe CC products to 2020, I’ve an CPU usage issue on my MacBook Pro.

Every day, CEPHtmlEngine runs super high and I’ve to kill the process in the activity window. 

Any help, that I found about this issue in forums are old and not really comprehensible.

I there a new way to fix this?

My specs are:

MacBook Pro 2017

Adobe CC 2020

OS X Catalina (clean install)

Best

Sascha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, CEP is the Chromium Embedded browser engine, it is what the Adobe apps use to display HTML panels, like the new start menu, or other rich panels like the embedded help in Photoshop.

Do you have it running all the time? how much processing is it taking?

If you do think it is a bug, I'd report it with screenshots on https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I don’t really know, if it is really Photoshop or any other Adobe CC app. 😐

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-09 um 19.37.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Any fixes as of yet on this issue? I just updated again, and when I use Indesign, CEP opens 17 additional windows... especially if I have 3 Indesign Windows open at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too, on a mac desktop (2014)  10.15.3. Catalina.

I have the newest CC updates.

I looked for fixes, but they reference 2015 stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too with all of my adobe products, too! A fix would be great, it's really slowing down my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. Same spec as previous poster, i.e.  Mac Pro desktop (2014)  10.15.3. Catalina, with the newest CC updates (Photoshop 21.1.0, InDesign 15.0.2, Illustrator 24.1). Have been using the Force Quit process via Activity Monitor, but obviouly returns if I close and relaunch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with all my adobe CC 2020 products... iMac 27" i5 with 24GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you for bringing this up. I am having the same issue which is really annoying. Just wondeirng does anyone have a solution yet? Thank you so much! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into the same issue with Adobe CC 2020 on an iMac 4GHz Quad-Core i7 32 GB RAM running macOS Catalina v10.15.6. When InDesign 2020 is open CEPHTmlEngine Helper and WindowServer are showing very high CPU and the internal fan triggers. When I close InDesign 2020, the CPU returns to normal and fan turns off.

I've followed these steps from another thread marked as solved (which didn't work - it seemed to be related to Adobe CC 2015). Here's what Activity Monitor is showing:

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 14.03.00.png

Any ideas?

Best wishes

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now, i've got three versions of it running and a second ago it ate more than my cpu. this is nuts. obviously a bug. no word on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue that is still not fixed by the latest update. Adobe products are becoming increasinly bug prone, time to start jumping ship everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's one of several reasons why I've jumped to the Affinity suite. It's like being handed a glass of cold water in hell (as Steve Jobs once said I believe!). HTML Engine plus all the other background tasks Adobe software runs, alongside sluggish performance, legacy bugs, and the bloated/malware-ish feel of the software made me jump. Honestly, CS6 on my 2012 MBP performs way better than CC2020 on my 2019 MBP. By now this software should run as smoothly and bug-free as Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines