Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color unidentified text

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The item is a print including an image and text underneath. There is also a background

Now the text is marked as unidentified and I don't know the font. I want to keep the font. 

How do I change the color of this text? 

I've tried many things, watched video's, ... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if the text is not in a separate layer (i.e. a "text" layer) then its already been rasterised (made into pixels.) which means its now an "image of text". That differtntiation makes a difference to how you must approach the problem.

You'll basically need to select the text and change its color that way  -  I hope its all on a plain background, if so you should be able to make a selection easily. .

Google this : "making a selection in photoshop"

Then Googler this: "adding color to a selection in photoshop"

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the text is a Layer of its own you can try using Layer > Layer Style > Color Overlay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines