• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Cursor to Dot

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need to change the brush and eraser cursor to a dot. The standerd customization is not enough, I just need a dot (i use very small curosr and i need to get rid of the cross that appears). Please tell me there is a solution, I'm not afraid to change same codes or icons file inside the program. Big thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you want to change the brush & eraser cursor inside Photoshop, please go to Photoshop's Preferences > Cursors and choose Normal Brush tip then Click on OK.

Please let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the standard icon i use, but I gets really annoying when you use a very small brush tip and the cross outside the preview appears. I just want a dot, with no preview of the brush. A single dot, nothing more. I tried to change some svg files i found inside the program, but it didn't work.

Many Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an important and simple detail.  I wish there was a way adobe!  I need it in illustrator  - a simple dot - not an "X" blocking my work.  Please add this feature today. 

Happy Holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a Feature Request over on

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this posting is a bit older but I have the same problem an would like to habe a single Dot instead of a crosshair in PS. I hate to paint with the crosshair and all the other standard possibilities. Due to this Problem I use "Clip Studio Paint" for drawing an painting. In this Program choosing a Dot is a standard Feature. I really would love to use PS for my paintings...but the missing Dot always stops me using it.

Is there a solution for this problem in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Windows system then Lazy Nezumi Pro has that feature.  I am forever telling people that LNP is the single most useful add-on for Photoshop as it has so many features, and at $35 it is a steal.  Unfortunately there is no version for Macs.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm an idiot^^ I bought Lazy Nezumi a few years ago and completely forgot about it. I just renewed and installed it. Problem solved...many thanx....!!

but....

.....it's sad that such a simple function can't be set by default in ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines