• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clipart background is checkered, how do I remove it?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm very new to photoshop and all I want to do is add a small piece o clipart (sparkles) to a photo.

I have spent 4 hours looking at tutorials and reading forums but I can't seem to find exactly what I need.

I have pictures saved from the web as PNG files, when I open in photoshop the checkered background comes on, please can someone tell me how I can just have the sparkles and not the checkered background, surely it cant be that hard?!

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

The checkered background represents tranparency, it should disappear when you place the image on top of another image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the newbie forum for Adobe Photoshop but for the Business Catalyst Product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checkered background represents tranparency, it should disappear when you place the image on top of another image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alice1990  wrote

I have pictures saved from the web as PNG files,

Hi Alice,

If you still have trouble, you can check with the vendor where you bought the images.

It is unclear with the way you worded this where you found the files, but please be aware that many images found on the web have copyright protection, so you can‘t save and use anything you find without checking first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you check with the vendor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How do you check with the vendor?"

Hi @M3llory 

Are you using Adobe Stock? iStockPhoto? Getty Images? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines