• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clone stamp tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the clone tool and trying to define a source area by pressing th Alt-key (I only have Alt-gr on my keyboard) the curser turns into a white and black arrow. Following, I get the error message when clicking the mouse to clone

“could not use clone stamp because the area to clone has not been defined (alt  lick to define a source point )”

I have tried to solve this issue searching various websites and trying out solutions without any luck.

Is this a keyboard specific thing? 

I am running the newest version of Photoshop and windows 10 

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

best regards from Lars 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you change the keyboard layout to US it should make the ALT GR key work as the ALT key for the Clone Tool

Just tested on my PC and it works

2020-08-15 12_39_13-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a swift and accurate reply. It works now you just save me a ton of headache 🙏🤗

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this tool which lets you remap keys. just tested and it works, ALT Gr becomes the ALT key

https://github.com/randyrants/sharpkeys/releases/tag/v3.9.2

2020-08-15 13_05_46-SharpKeys.png

2020-08-15 13_06_17-clone stamp tool not working - Adobe Support Community - 11362031.png

2020-08-15 13_06_44-clone stamp tool not working - Adobe Support Community - 11362031.png

2020-08-15 13_07_23-SharpKeys.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again I will try the re-mapping tool 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines