Color fill between two pen lines

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the pen tool to make 2 curved lines. I want to fill the space between them with color to create a river/water/wave appearance. Everything I try fills the entire background when using the paint brush, not just the area between the pen lines. How can I just fill that area with color?

I was doing the same thing yesterday and was able to only fill the correct area, but today I'm unable to and it's driving me bonkers! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color fill between two pen lines

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the pen tool to make 2 curved lines. I want to fill the space between them with color to create a river/water/wave appearance. Everything I try fills the entire background when using the paint brush, not just the area between the pen lines. How can I just fill that area with color?

I was doing the same thing yesterday and was able to only fill the correct area, but today I'm unable to and it's driving me bonkers! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to paint you need a Vector Mask in which the two pathItems are linked up to form one shape. 

Edit: A Layer Mask would be another option, but that would not make it easier in my opinion. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 10.06.34.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0