Computer monitor best for photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer monitor works best with photoshop?  Looking to buy a 27" monitor.  Not sure which one provides the best picture quality.  Any recommendations?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, do you work for web, screen? do you print?

I print and I like to use monitors with a good range of colors, such an Adobe RGB color space monitor. 

Please let's us know your workflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can recommend Eizo CX271 monitors for good color rendition.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb, If you are working for print and want the best, then Eizo Coloredge, the "CG" models are very good.

If your origination is for web only use, then thinking of the quaility of screens your viewers will use is a valid reason to maybe not spend quite so much on a "Graphics Monitor". 

Now that NEC stopped Spectraview, Eizo Coloredge is the only real graphics monitor IMO

Personally I would not buy benQ, I've come across to many users with calibration issues

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eizo make two 27" CG models at slightly different price points. The top Eizo models are traditionally targeted at video and film editing as much as graphics and photography, so if you don't need those extra video-specific features you can shave a little off the price. They now distinguish them by three vs four-digit model numbers, so that the CG2730 is a slightly stripped down version of the CG279. The four-digits roughly correspond to what was formerly the CX series.

For photographic/graphics use, the significant difference is the built-in calibration sensor. The CG279 has a nop-notch high precision sensor that should handle all needs. The CG2730 has a smaller sensor that is supposedly accurate "enough", but you might want to have an i1 Display Pro to be on the safe side.

The CG2730 is the one I use at home, and I do use an i1 Display Pro with it. That said, I've tested the built-in sensor and I can't really see any difference between the two. The built-in seems perfectly good.

Then there is a "budget" model - nothing here is really "budget", of course 😉 - called the CS2740. Again, a few features are stripped, but rest assured that this is still a high-end monitor. There are no compromises with basic panel quality. This is probably the best price:performance ratio.

As for BenQ, stay clear. This is a newcomer trying to enter the high-end market, but I'm not convinced they have their stuff together. Their prices are suspiciously low and in this segment, you usually get exactly what you pay for. Dell is absolutely no-no. They don't care about quality, only high volume sales, and they massively cut corners to get there. No idea what's happening to NEC, but Spectraview is still offered on the B+H site. That's the US market, so perhaps they shut down Spectraview in Europe only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your biggest version is: which budget?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D Fosse LATEST
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a heads up on the grim reality out there, I've kept an old image I lifted from the Dell support forum a couple of years ago. This, a U2714, is a unit that Dell refused to replace as it was "within specification". That specification means sticking a probe at the center of the screen, and if it's within shouting distance of D65, it passes.

monitor_dell1B.png

IPS panels as manufactured can be all over the place, and the budget brands like Dell (and probably BenQ/Asus etc) make a profit by buying the C and D batches at a huge discount, and passing it off as bona fide. Eizo and NEC, on the other hand, get the best panels and then go to great lengths to individually optimize and correct for any flaws. That's why they're "expensive".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines