• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Program Errors in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an animation file in Photoshop and I am constantly receiving program errors when doing anything. Then when I try to save I get a preview error. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the program errors, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the Operating System you're working on?

Where are you trying to save the file local drive or external drive?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with animation in Photoshop, it's doubly important to make sure you've taken steps to optimize your system.

Consider 16GB of RAM the baseline (ideally 32GB or more if your computer supports it) as well as high speed, large capacity SSD storage for your files and your PS Scratch Disk.  If you can dedicate an entire drive or volume as the scratch disk, even better.

I've found these two pages from the online Adobe Phototshop Help to be very, very helpful:

Optimize Photoshop performance

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

While this article doens't address documents that use the Photoshop Timeline, follow any recommendations for "Huge Pixel Dimensions".  While your document may only be 1920 x 1080 (not much coming it at about 2 megapixels), it's 1920 x 1080 twenty-four or twenty-five or thrity times per second.  So, it's lots and lots of pixels over time (in other words, huge). 

Set up scratch disks

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running Mac Catalina 10.15.7. I am getting ready to upgrade to Big Sur. I use Photoshop daily and I have a program error about 2 or 3 times every day. Once the error occurs I try to save my work because I will not be able to proceed until I restart Photoshop. To be safe I restart my computer, which means I have to save and close everything from all running applications, such as Microsoft or other engineering apps. This is not only annoying, but it is also time-consuming and a distraction. Finally when I open Photoshop again, maybe my data is there, or maybe it is not. I love Photoshop. I even use Capture One and it is awesome with .Raw files, but nothing replaces good ole Ps. Sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  Maybe it's the new update? Have you had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also what I'm doing isn't using that much RAM. Just basic photo manipulation 😕 It's super annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines