Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Someone at Adobe?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any idea how to contact someone at Adobe that actually knows the Photoshop product?  I have been round and round with just the standard customer service about software update 21.2.2 and 21.2.3 also did not fix the problem it was supposed to fix.  I would love to explain the problem but I have already done it 100 times and just want to get someone on the phone that can help.

Thank

Kevin 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

If you used WinTab  and had to switch to INK because Adobe Broke WinTab support in update 21.1  It is now fixed and working again in 21.2.3. Switch back to WinTabs.   Wintab has always worked better than INK with Photoshop. To use WinTab you need to add a PSUserConfig.txt to your Photoshop users id Preferences folder. My looks like this. I doe not have a Cintis I have a Wacom Intuos Pro and it needed to be configured not to use INK with Photoshop,image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi Kevin

Try this (it should work in v21.2.3 but not in v21.2.2)

1. In your Wacom tablet properties uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

2. Open a text editor such as Windows notepad and type the following :

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save that file as a text file with the name PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put that file in the following location :

C:Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe >Adobe Photoshop 2020 >Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

If you system disk is other than C then change the first letter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seem to be your fist post here we are users like you. Why not tell us what your problem is we may have a solution for you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever you haver asked 100 times, it does not appear to be this forum (at least not with your current user name). Give us a try , we may be able to help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

long story short...

Update 21.2.2 created a problem with my pen on my Cintiq 24 pro only moving an object or duplicating an object.  It would freeze up every time for about 30 sec.  Making using Photoshop not possible.  Once I downgrade to 21.2.1 it works perfectly.  I am working with Wacom and adobe but only on the standard customer service level. 

They give me a list to do and tell me to call back.  I do it and wait on the phone for an hour to talk with someone else, to just tell the story again with both companies over and over. LOL   

It has been narrowed down to "Use Windows Ink"  If it is checked it will not work and if unchecked it works just fine.  The problem is you have no pen pressure with it unchecked.  After I have done this last test to find this out I am expecting a call back within 48hrs and the last two times no one has called me. 

I don't have time to keep going back and forth with them every 2 days as I have been.  I have only had to contact Adobe customer support two times and both times have leed me to more problems then I have started with.  The last time was a lightroom problem and they lost about 2000 photos that they could not recover after they deleted them.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used WinTab  and had to switch to INK because Adobe Broke WinTab support in update 21.1  It is now fixed and working again in 21.2.3. Switch back to WinTabs.   Wintab has always worked better than INK with Photoshop. To use WinTab you need to add a PSUserConfig.txt to your Photoshop users id Preferences folder. My looks like this. I doe not have a Cintis I have a Wacom Intuos Pro and it needed to be configured not to use INK with Photoshop,image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try later tonight or tomorrow morning.  I have a couple of projects I have to get done.  Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Once I downgrade to 21.2.1 it works perfectly."

Well call me Capt. Obvious but why don't you revert to the working version of Photoshop and stay there for a while?  Upgrades are not always what they're hyped up to be. 

Turn off automatic updates in your Creative Cloud desktop app (see screenshot).  I'm still using PS ver 20.0x because the latest has too many bugs. 

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, That is exactly what I have been doing.  They are sending me emails asking for to try different things and take logs, videos of the problem ect...  When I have to do this I have to update the software each time. Then call them and email them the data.  I want to help solve the problem but I also want to talk directly with someone that will understand and not a middle person.  I want to help but time is money.  Just thought I could get someone on the phone that works there and uses the product.

We all pay a lot of money for this software, it is a shame that we all can't use the most current software they offer and their customer service is as bad as it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference, Adobe engineers don't lurk here in the user forums.  To post feedback, go to Photoshop Family which predates Uservoice.  As you can see, the Wintab issue was reported 9 months ago.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-wintab-not-working-in-2020-21-0-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I wasn't looking for an engineer here. I was hoping for a contact number to adobe besides there standard customer service.  I don't know anything about wintab or if I have ever used it.  The pen and tablet problem I have is only with update 21.2.2 and 21.2.3.  As I said I am trying to just eliminate the middle man (Standard customer service) so it shortens up the amount of times I have to update and downgrade my software.  also, have someone directly to talk with.  I am having the same problem with Wacom as well.  Adobe told me to be working alongside wacom with this problem.  I feel like they are having be do part of there job.  I have been working with both wacom and Adobe for the last two weeks back and forth.  I had just got some more data this morning on some tests that they had me do.  I was simply trying to get a direct line to Adobe so I don't have to wait for the 48hrs for a call that won't come and a reply to there email I won't get.  They have never called me back when they said they would and I only get an email once I call them back after 2 days.  They also don't respond to the emails they send me asking we data.

Sucks to say but I have been looking into Adobe alternatives lately,  Nothing to do with the bugs at all. everything to do with there customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for 20+ years Adobe's Support has never been very good.  Bugs reported and knowledge in CS2 are still in Photoshop 2020.  Bugs that crash Photoshop and ones that effect most users will be fixed others may be fixed.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Try this (it should work in v21.2.3 but not in v21.2.2)

1. In your Wacom tablet properties uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

2. Open a text editor such as Windows notepad and type the following :

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save that file as a text file with the name PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put that file in the following location :

C:Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe >Adobe Photoshop 2020 >Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

If you system disk is other than C then change the first letter

5. Open Photoshop (or close and restart Photoshop if it is already open)

That should give you pen pressure without the Windows Ink issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

This did fix my problem!  Thank you for laying it out so easy for me.  I did just get off the phone with a higher-up at Wacom.  He is taking the problem to the engineers at Wacom to look over.  

Thank you 

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Covid-19 hasn't helped much.  Amid staff shortages and stay at home orders, wait times are longer as the technical support team is overwhelmed.  I think they're doing the best they can under the circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can't really say COVID is an excuss to use for a large tech company.  They don't have to roll out updates that are not tested very well due to COVID which then clogs up their support.  I have had one other encounter with there customer service on a Lightroom update.  It would crash on startup. The customer service person was in my pc doing the work and was duplicating my library over and over until I ran out of room on my drive.  So then she deletes them all and emptiest the trash losing over 2000 work photos that I can't get back.  This was well before COVID.

They should take more time training there customer service then making updates.  They currently don't have any competition so all these things they keep coming up with that are half A** done are a waste of time.  It's troubling you can tell that they most like have never used Adobe software before and you can hear them reading from a checklist they have been given. 

Common sense would tell you if they are so overwhelmed there might be a problem with the product!

Thanks,

Kevin   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are certain things that only a direct Adobe support person can help with, such as account issues. However, in overcoming technical problems, or working out how to achieve something with the software, the various members of this forum, who use the software daily, can often help out.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe need to improve their development, testing and designing processes.  Adobe management is failing to do their jobs. Users should not have to use applications that have not been well tested and have so many bugs. Users do not want new feature they want application that work with well designed and implemented  features. Users do not want poor monthly updates its to disruptive. One well tested and working update ever few years sound good to me. IMO the last good releast out of Adobe doors that had few problems was CS3.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack,

Thank you for helping me out.  You did have the right answer.  I just didn't understand how to do it until Dave explained it.  

Thank you for the help

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines