• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a path to line/stroke/pencil?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some help with paths ... I'm using the pen tool to create a path, after creating and closing my path I'd like to convert the path to a line weighted at about 6 pixels in green.

I've tried Convert to Fill Path and Stroke Path but those options do allow me to set a pixel width of the path.

I'm probably missing something very simple, but any hints are welcome.

Thanks, Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Stroke Path will use whatever you have your current Brush or Pencil set to. So, choose the color/width prior to stroking path.

Keep in mind Photoshop does not stroke paths like Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stroke Path will use whatever you have your current Brush or Pencil set to. So, choose the color/width prior to stroking path.

Keep in mind Photoshop does not stroke paths like Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ALL, that was IT!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a brush of 6 px like a round 6 px brush is about the line weight of 6 px as shown by the straight line made with the line tool at a 6 px line weight.

Untitled-1a.png

MTSTUNER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is SO WRONG for 2020. I don't know why these old posts aren't deleted once some Adobe genius decides there's a different way that you can do this. There is nothing in the latest version anywhere close to this solution. Sheesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've got 2021 and this basically worked for me. I chose the Brush tool, set its size and color (i.e. Foreground) and all of the other settings first, then from the Path drop-down menu in the Paths pane, I chose "Stroke path", et voilà/!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@John21601 wrote:

This answer is SO WRONG for 2020. I don't know why these old posts aren't deleted once some Adobe genius decides there's a different way that you can do this. There is nothing in the latest version anywhere close to this solution. Sheesh!

Obviously you appear to be mistaken; the option »Stroke Path …« still exists for Paths. 

Screenshot 2022-04-01 at 10.11.13.png

A Shape Layer with a Stroke might be a better solution, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines