Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Photoshop file to a workable word format

Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of converting a Photoshop file into a workable word file?

I dont want the photoshop file in word as a picture I have done that but I cannot work on the file in Word which I want to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Save as PDF.

Open file in Acrobat.

File>Export To>Microsoft Word.

This doesn't work 100%, and the more simple your design is, the better your chance of it working as a template increases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, specifically, by "work on the file in Word"?  Word didn't really have photo editing capabilities (noting that my experience only goes up to Word 2003)...  Are you hoping to make it into a Word drawing?  I don't believe there's a direct way to do so.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to Save PSD files in documents format or image format that can be edited in Word.

Word allows you to edit the images that you create using either drawings or Visio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the Text in a Photoshop file, then you can copy and paste to Word.  You can also copy and paste an image from Photoshop, providing it is eith a flaterned image, or a copy merged layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the  file to be identical to the original but one that I can adjust and reformat in Word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you PLEASE use more words to describe just what it is you're trying to accomplish?

Word clearly isn't a photo editor, while Photoshop is.  Word cannot "adjust and reformat" images.  Photoshop can.

There's a whole world of context around "the file" you're talking about, and no one on this forum can possibly know what that is.  I suspect you're talking about a "file" that you've specifically designed for some purpose - e.g., a web page or something - that you'd like to take over editing in Word.  But without more specific information from you you're just not going to get any better answers or suggestions than what you've gotten already.

So... What is it you're trying to accomplish?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 years later...

I intend to use a Photoshop designed certificate template for mail merge in Microsoft Word. Has this problem been solved in the last eight years? I know there is a print merge sort of option in photoshop but I am looking a for a little simpler option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your responses.

I have a basic form.  The form has aspects such as pictures, logos, lines, and text.

I am wondering if I can transfer that file which I have created in Photoshop and converted to a JPEG to Word without losing the format and still making it possible to rearrange the text and images.

Does that explain what I am trying to accomplish better or would you like more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever used Insert>Object in microsoft word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the insert object but it is telling me that the program is not installed on your computer even though the entire form was created on my computer using Adobe Acrobat Professional and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably has to do with the file being a jpeg, word usually wants to use the Microsoft photo editor for jpegs.

What version of photoshop and os? I only have word 2003.

You might have to use psd files instead of jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files cannot be converted to PDF that is why I used JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files can usually be saved as PDF from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had run into a similar problem just a few hours ago and this as as far as I have gotten. I took the Photoshop file and converted it into a PDF. Once you open it in Adobe Reader X, you go under File > Save As > Word or Excel Online option. After that, a menu will appear on the left hand side of the document that says AdobeExport PDF and below that, an option to Convert to a Word or Excel doc. The problem is, as soon as you click on it, it tells you that a paid account gets 12 free conversions, so that sucks. I'm not sure why we don't have a paid account at my work, though, that is odd. Hopefully if you have a paid account, everything should be fine, but I have always had a hard time converting files, graphics and whatnot from other programs into Word. Word is not graphics editing friendly at all, to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your psd file as pdf document. Now open the pdf file with microsoft word. You can now edit everything you created in your psd file. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tunaman7787 wrote:

Save your psd file as pdf document. Now open the pdf file with microsoft word. You can now edit everything you created in your psd file. Thank you.

2012?  I think they have all gone home, but thanks for your effort.

Forum-Tumbleweed.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are gone home. But some one like me still searching for the question will come here and the given answer will help them.  Thank's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe using 2013 will make it posible.

What I do (not the best way but it works for me):

1. Hide all the text layers on the psd. file

2. save it into .pdf file

3. open acrobat and save it as .pptx file

4. take a screenshot of the original .psd file (with layers on)

5. open the pptx file

6. paste, crop and resize the screenshot into the slide

7. use the screenshot as a template to re-do all the text layers in pptx

8. Then delete de screenshot

i will get the psd background and all the text layers in pptx file.

Maybe saving into a pdf then open with power point/word 2013 will save you/me a lot of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Only way to this is to :

1. save the PSD file to a JPEG image
  2. Open Microsoft Word
  3. Page Layout
  4. Watermark
  5. Custom Watermark
  6. Picture watermark
  7. Select watermark
  8. Then Select your image file
  9. Scale : 100%
  10. And it's being a refrence for you to redo the whole psd File

I hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image (11).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a scan. Not made in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat might be able to use OCR to create texts from the scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as PDF.

Open file in Acrobat.

File>Export To>Microsoft Word.

This doesn't work 100%, and the more simple your design is, the better your chance of it working as a template increases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer saved my day thank you so soooooo much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question too. But I may found a solution..

1. Try to separate your background in photoshop with other text layers (In my case I do create group merge for text layers and make it invisible on photoshop) So the visible layer is only the background. (If you have any object ie: logo / line, put it onto bottom layer of text file and merge it)

2. Render only the background (Save it as .png or .jpg) then import into word you can use [Insert-Pictures] from top menu.

3. Final step is you can copy your text and paste it into word using [Insert-Text Box].

or you can render your (text only) layers into .png then paste it into word but your text isn't editable if you use this method.  

Hope it helps seamusbd2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines