copy and paste text in photoshop why does it change size

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy from a plan and paste text into anopther why does photoshop change the font size from what I was coping from?    Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultpl9y6q2a1grg 

Please show two screen shots: one from each image

• Type tool
  • Select a few characters of the text
  • Show this with the Character panel (Window menu)

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Text tool and CNTR X cutting some text from one line then using the Text tool and finding another spot and hitting paste.  The original font size is 90 and the new pasted font is 74.96

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They both say 74.96; neither says 90. Can you select a few letters to see if that changes? Did you resize the text with the Control / Character / Properties panels or with Edit > Transform?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultpl9y6q2a1grg ,

Seeing the decimals points instead of whole numbers (74.96) makes me think the type may have been scaled with Ctrl+T (Edit > Transform). Please watch this short video from Jesús Ramirez from the Photoshop Training Channel titled STOP Scaling Text in Photoshop! 

He explains how to fix the text if it was scaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P01qAn52Y8

See if this fixes your issue.

~ Jane

In this tutorial, you will learn how to use Paragraph Styles in Photoshop to speed up your workflow, and how free-transforming text negatively impacts your r...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using CTRL +  Shift + V, It removes any previous formatting that might be getting picked up when you're copying text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines