Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying subpaths between paths.

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I want to select a subpath in photoshop and copy it to another path.

I use edit copy and paste, sometimes the whole subpath copies and sometimes only part of it.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?.  I feel like i might not be closing the subpaths properly but they always fill ok so i'm not sure....

Any help much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce problem and here is advice: ensure that all anchor points are filled when selecting what you want to copy/paste. Only partial path will be copied when you have some anchor points empty and other filled (selected).

subpath ps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy and  Paste deal with pixels not path.  If you duplicate a layers, if that layer is a shape layer or has a vector layer mask the new layer added  layer will have a vector path associated with it. However, it is not combined with other path. Only the document composit image has the combined look.   If you have several shapes layers you may be able to dupe these  layers and merge the duped ones together into a new shaped layer with the vector paths merged the way you want

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines