• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not use the move tool because the target does not include all of the composite channels.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a design that relies on distorting the RGB channels on certain images. However, now I can't use any move or editing tools when I select individual colour channels and get this error message. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you only edit its properties not able to move it because it will distort or disturb functioning which is i think not allowed in Photoshop....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that none of the channels are selected within the Channels panel. You can turn off the visibility of channels using the eye ball icon. However, if you have selected a channel by clicking on it within the Channels panel then you will get the error message that you mentioned when you try to move content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you have your channel selected in the Channels Window, right, then you need to grab Marquee Tool, manually select the area you want to distort, then switch to move tool and move it around. It should start moving the channels...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines