• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a brush stamp 2nd time

Participant ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Mike Bullo replied to my original request but I cannot find the method to respond with a reply.

When I select my brush from the list titled e.g. John test brush it is displayed, and at brush settings I have set the scatter etc.

When I use the brush there is only a dot single count outline, although my creation did have around 9 dots.

I want 9 dots to display as a stamp which happens when I place my stylus at the spot on my scene without dragging.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Hi

Then you need to make a brush tip with more than one dot.

For example make a few dots. Draw a selection box around them

Then use Edit -Define Brush Preset

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Mike Bullo replied to my original request but I cannot find the method to respond with a reply.

If you log in to the Forum there should be more than one option to hit »reply«.

adobeForumReply.jpg

Otherwise please post screenshots including all pertinent Panels to clarify what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duchymandevon  wrote

When I select my brush from the list titled e.g. John test brush it is displayed, and at brush settings I have set the scatter etc.

When I use the brush there is only a dot single count outline, although my creation did have around 9 dots.

I want 9 dots to display as a stamp which happens when I place my stylus at the spot on my scene without dragging.

It's impossible to know what is going on from the information you have provided.  Can you paste screen shot of the Brush Settings and Brushes panels.  Hopefully you have Recent Brushes turned on so we can get an idea of what the brush looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen shots

Ashampoo_Snap_10 March 2019_11h14m56s_001_Untitled-1 - 50- -RGB-8- -.png Hopefully  these are what you requestedbrush.png3rd stamp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have created a very similar brush to yourself just using the default brush with a Scattering of around 400%. Clicking and dragging with the brush produces the result previewed at the bottom of the Brush Settings panel. Clicking and releasing produces a single mark that mirrors the Brush Tip. This Brush Tip is also what the mouse looks like before and during painting with the brush.

Are you wanting this mouse preview of the brush to look less like the Brush Tip and more like the preview at the bottom of the Brush Settings panel?

brush.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the pattern display  to display by one click (either mouse or styles) not single dot.

I come from another painter program app and the action is named hose and get a one click pattern of all the dots displayed not the single.

Is this possible in photoshop please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to drag the mouse/stylus to get the pattern displayed at the brush setting panel showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Then you need to make a brush tip with more than one dot.

For example make a few dots. Draw a selection box around them

Then use Edit -Define Brush Preset

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks davescm, I think I must have got to made the selection when creating the original pattern.

Thanks again.  Liked your iceberg btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm the word should have read    forgot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another comment, my problem is I am in my eighties and things sometimes go astray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not reached that yet but things still go astray.... 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

duchymandevon  wrote

........  Liked your iceberg btw.

Thank you. Come and join in, we have a Something For The Weekend challenge every week. All are welcome to take part and you can make your image as simple or as complex as you like.

Something for the weekend - Part 62 - Cold water.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks followed your advice and thar worked for me. John

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines