• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a lens profile

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to achieve near macro-photography using Olympus E-M5ii, I am testing non-Olympus lenses, currently a Componon-S 4/28 enlarging lens designed for low magnification. Is it possible for me to generate a correction file for this camera/ lens (at various magnifications (1:1 to 5:1), apertures, etc) which can then be used within Photoshop's processing of the RAW image, for instance by providing the necessary information to adjust vignetting?

The tool, Adobe Lens Profile Creator, appears to have been discontinued.  Is there a work around?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Lens Profile Creator hasn't been discontinued, however, adobe is in the process of

changing some download links.

This link should work:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/alpc/win/Adobe_lensprofile_creator_1_0_4_win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. I am pleased that it is still possible to use these tools and apply the corrections.

The smallest calibration chart supplied is nominally 7.25x10.5", which is larger than any of the images I wish to (or can) take with the lens/ camera combination.

According to the instructions, the chart should be ca 1/4 the area of the image screen. So the chart should be ca 6.5x8.6 mm, at 1:1.  The instructions do not seem to have a size/ magnification criterion, but I may be pushing the validity of the method well beyond its design limits.

Is it possible to do the calibration with downsized versions of the charts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, that link does not work to the lens profile creator. Adobe has stated on the website that the profiler is no longer available. There is no option for creating profiles for older lenses that are not listed.

If anyone has an option for creating profiles, I'd love to hear about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link still works here using firefox on both macOS and Windows.

What operating system and internet browser are you using?

Still available from this page as well:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff, browser was the issue...Chrome wouldn't download it but Firefox did. Any idea if Adobe is updating this? They stopped in 2018 saying we are limited to lens profiles for new lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines