Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a photoshop action with a third-party plugin

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am trying to create an action in photoshop that uses a third-party plugin (Coolors).

When I make the action, it doesn't record any interaction with the plugin.

See attached video. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless the 3rd party plugin has been specifically created to support action recordings of parameters, I'm not surprised that there are no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the third party plug-in have Action support programmed into the plug-in.   Not all Photoshop Plug-ins have support for being used in actions. If you use one of these in an Actions the plug-in will open its user interface (UI)  that you will have to use interactivity.   The Plug-in operation can not be automated via an action step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is recording step to select layer Rectangle from what I see and when you playing action app is doing that, selecting layer Rectangle. If my guess is right and you delete layer Rectangle from the Layers panel Ps should display error message that layer is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines