Highlighted

Creating a RANDOM collage in Photoshop in the shape of an oval

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I would love some help on how to create a random collage in photoshop in the shape of a circle or oval.  I am interested in using a dozen or so images and for the final collage to be a seamless montage of photos.

Also, is there an action or some way to use one image to render random size peices of the image?  I have a project where I need to create an oval that is comprised of images of bark, randomely put together.  I am not sure is any of this makes sense.  Thank you!  

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating a RANDOM collage in Photoshop in the shape of an oval

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I would love some help on how to create a random collage in photoshop in the shape of a circle or oval.  I am interested in using a dozen or so images and for the final collage to be a seamless montage of photos.

Also, is there an action or some way to use one image to render random size peices of the image?  I have a project where I need to create an oval that is comprised of images of bark, randomely put together.  I am not sure is any of this makes sense.  Thank you!  

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to script that and with everything being random except your oval you will see seams.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"seamless montage of photos" - can you post some example?

The only way to automate this without steep learning curve is using data driven graphics. This is my personal opinion. You can setup data sets to load images "randomly" and to instantly preview collage, every click on another data set in  Apply Data Set dialogue will load next set of images and instantly preview collage with that data or image set.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0