Highlighted

CS6 deactivation discontinued?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the option to have customer support reset the activation count for old CS6 installs has been discontinued.

This would affect anyone who have reinstalled without first deactivating, or, as in my case, updated to MacOS Catalina without checking first if it would work. Previously, when I did something stupid like that, customer support reset my activations and all was good. This time, they claim they no longer have access to do so:

"You can downgrade to older OS and try to install the Software, it should work. There is nothing much we can do. You can try this and check. You are using a very old Software, we do not have access to manage it. If you still have issues, you can post the question in Adobe Community forms."

I'll see if I can just reinstall on Mojave without first deactivating like support told me "should work". I'm skeptical.

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS6 deactivation discontinued?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the option to have customer support reset the activation count for old CS6 installs has been discontinued.

This would affect anyone who have reinstalled without first deactivating, or, as in my case, updated to MacOS Catalina without checking first if it would work. Previously, when I did something stupid like that, customer support reset my activations and all was good. This time, they claim they no longer have access to do so:

"You can downgrade to older OS and try to install the Software, it should work. There is nothing much we can do. You can try this and check. You are using a very old Software, we do not have access to manage it. If you still have issues, you can post the question in Adobe Community forms."

I'll see if I can just reinstall on Mojave without first deactivating like support told me "should work". I'm skeptical.

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation/deactivation process in CS6 should still work normally, including an activation count reset. Disks still crash. It wouldn't be the first time misleading information has been given by customer service personnel.

You are on borrowed time, though...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
btg308 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the trick to get PS running - most of the time it just beach
balls on me, the one time I was able to start it, Deactivate was grayed out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines