• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ctrl+F not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I need to do so that I can access the search function in photoshop CC 2017. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctr/Cmd F is Filter > Last Filter, and there is no shortcut listed for Edit > Search. You can add it in with Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photosop search.PNG

this is what I am trying to access .... and no matter why I try, nothing is active and brings up the search function.  Can someone let me know what I need to do so the search function is active and works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search function.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was supposed to be the change in 2017. Both of my systems (one is 2017.0.0 and the other is 2017.0.1), have Cmd/Ctrl F back at last filter as per 2015. I'm baffled. Let's see if someone can shed some light on this for both of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the CTRL+F activates the search function on one of my workmates who is also using PS CC 2017, but not on mine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Robyn, I apologize for the misinformation above. I got to the bottom of my issue... I was using a custom shortcut set. I do customize some shortcuts, but I can tell you with 100% confidence I did not change that one, so that's still a mystery, unless it came forward from 2015. I'm sorry to have thrown my own issues into the mix.

Photoshop CCss_003.pngPhotoshop CCss_004.png

Now back to you... What version of Windows are you on? I'm wondering if another application has the same shortcut and it's taking precedence over Photoshop? This happens on Macs all the time, but is less common on Windows. What if you change the shortcut to something other than Ctrl F? Does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that – thanks BarbBinder

But – didn’t work either. When I click the search icon it highlights but nothing happens either. Something weirdly amiss.

The computer is operating on Windows 7.

Hopefully someone out there might know the fix.

Regards

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Rob, it sounds like it is time to file a bug report:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines