• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor refuses to move when using Tablet

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just randomly started with my Photoshop 2018, and i've been pulling my hair out trying to fix it. I load Photoshop, and my tablet cursor doesn't want to move. It works fine on the rest of my applications, only Photoshop has it been doing this. I have tried pretty much everything. I have tried:

-Restarting multiple times

-Getting latest versions of all drivers and software

-The "PSUserConfig.txt" trick

-Turning off "Use Windows Ink"

-Upgrading to 2019

Nothing works! With 2019 i lost pen pressure, so i tried the UserConfig trick again by putting in "UseSystemStylus 0" and once again my cursor won't move! I tried putting in "# Use WinTab" and removing "UseSystemStylus 0" which lets me move my cursor, but then i lose pen pressure! This happens with both 2018 and 2019. So basically i'm in a position where i either cannot use Photoshop at all with a tablet, or i'm not allowed to have pen pressure! Surely there has to be a fix for this?!

My tablet is a Intuos Pro M for those who need that info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Ok. So I got my issue fixed!
Here's what I did:
I went to the "Windows Settings"-->"Apps"
And started going through the list to try and find any stuff related to Wacom(my initial idea was to delete all the Software and Drivers of the tablet and reinstall them"
So I noticed there were 2 different apps related to Wacom. And one was 6.33.3-3 Driver. The other one was something of an older version called just "Wacom" (if I remember correctly lol)(forgot to screenshot it), so I deleted it, restarted m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, that also started yesterday. I suspect it occurred after a Windows update...

I don't have a clue how to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of years ago I was having weird problems with my Wacom tablet despite updating everything. Turned out that was the issue. The latest tablet driver, for whatever reason, was not playing nice with my system. I uninstalled the Wacom software and installed not the previous version but the one before that and solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an Intuos Pro M here which is working for both cursor movement and pen pressure on Windows 10 v1809

In the Wacom tablet settings, I have unchecked use Windows Ink.

In Photoshop settings I have the PSUserConfig.txt file with UseSystemStylus 0 set. Note this has to be added to the Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings folder as well as the equivalent CC2018 folder if you have both installed. Also make sure you have not created it as PSUserConfig.txt.txt    

Photoshop must be restarted after adding the file.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all of that, as i already listed. None of it worked. Reinstalling Photoshop entirely by default, and i get no pen pressure. I add in the PSUserConfig file with the correct info inside, and that stops me from moving the cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What tablet driver? Mine is 6.3.29-6 which, although not the latest, is still available on teh Wacom website.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So I got my issue fixed!
Here's what I did:
I went to the "Windows Settings"-->"Apps"
And started going through the list to try and find any stuff related to Wacom(my initial idea was to delete all the Software and Drivers of the tablet and reinstall them"
So I noticed there were 2 different apps related to Wacom. And one was 6.33.3-3 Driver. The other one was something of an older version called just "Wacom" (if I remember correctly lol)(forgot to screenshot it), so I deleted it, restarted my laptop, and after that tablet started working properly in Photoshop.

I guess those 2 drivers were conflicting, when Photoshop was running, and because of it didn't really work

(In the Screenshot you can see the one I LEFT untouched, the 6.33.3 version)

Hope this helps!

12321e.jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did it buddy! Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines