• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw Rectangle Shape From Top Corner in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting this because it was a simple thing but I couldn't figure out what was happening after the Photoshop 2020 update. I was trying to draw a rectangle shape by dragging my mouse starting from the top left corner, but it would go wonky and it was hard to draw.

Atfer selecting the rectangle tool under shape selections I went to the "settings" looking icon on the top toolbar. Under Path Options I unticked the one that said "From Center." Gee. I wonder who made that a default behavior. Hope this helps someone.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the workaround with the Adobe Community!

However, I just tried creating a rectangle from the top left corner and it worked as expected and I checked the settings panel From Center was not checked for me.

It seems the Shape tool might have change due to some corruption, in future, you can reset such tools: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had this issue. I know my students had issues because of the shift key change.

Depending on what version you are updating from, the behavior of the shift key changed. Are you holding the shift key to constrain it? Try drawing it while holding the shift key and try drawing without to see if you get better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you HipSis,

I had the excact problem. I was very confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had basically stopped using the shape tool and would make things in illustrator to paste over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that! My PS also just suddenly started drawing shapes from the centre out, insteak of from top corner downwards - like it has been doing for 20 years. Yay for an easy fix - this time 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was happening for me too. So annoying! Now if I could just figure out a way for the shape tool to save color last used! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God bless! What an annoying feature, and the fix all hidden away behind some small button in a little checkbox menu. Glad you made this post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines