I know this has been asked before but I can't find a solution.
I'm trying to create a mockup showing 4 different magazine covers lying in perspective on a table.
I have a folder containing 1 magazine cover which has been warped to lie on the table and a few layers of shine marks and shadows. This links to a .psb file which shows my flat magazine cover (not in perspective).
I have duplicated the whole folder and moved the image along to have 2 magazines side by side.
When I re-link the file to change it to a different cover image it changes BOTH magazine covers.
Important - I have tried converting the linked layer to a smart object, but when I double click it to edit, the .psb is in perspective, not flat.
I have tried everything I can think of can someone please help?
OK, so I think I've worked out a workflow - posting it here to help anyone else in the same boat:
1) Applied transformations to smart object including warp, shadow and mask layer (double clicked to checkt hat teh smart layer still open a flat cover and that the effects are only applied non-destructively)
2) Added other layers of shadows and shine marks and grouped all into 1 folder
3) Duplicated whole folder (dragged over New Layer Icon)
4) Right clicked the Smart Object layer in the new folder and clicked 'New Smart Object via Copy'
5) Right clicked this new layer and selected 'replace contents'
This now lets me link to a different cover image.
NB. When I right clicked, originally I was selecting 're-link to file' as I would expect to do in Illustrator or InDesign. This converts it to a linked file which then replaces all the covers not just the layer I have selected.