• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors with Adobe Watercolor Artist Actions Set

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CC. I just installed the Adobe watercolor actions and brushes. I tried to follow all the steps in the tutorial but when I run it I get more than 10 error messages - mostly action not available or no pixils selected multiple times. The final image looks like a big blur. I uninstalled it and reinstalled following the tutorial, same results. Can anyone help?  Here is the action and tutorial I was following: https://create.adobe.com/2019/3/20/transform_photos_int.html 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.54.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.52.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.52.28 AM.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Actions with the expanded Action, Options Bar, …) visible of before and after the first failure? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are literally 100+ steps in the action and it took 4 minutes to run. I took screenshots of the first few pages of the actions. The final image has11 layers including backgrond layer. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 10.57.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 10.51.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.02.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.02.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.02.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.03.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are we supposed to see which Action step corresponds to the failure based on your screenshots? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce problem. The problem occurs because you are probably painting on Background layer instead on Focus layer. After you see message to paint on Focus layer, click Continue but also select Focus layer then paint. This is solution for messages with error that no pixels are selected, during action play you may see some other error messages which I couldn't catch what is the problem immediatelly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what screenshots to send. The actions runs forever, the errors occor throughout the entire process. The blurry pic is the end result. I included some of the steps that the actions goes through and the layers that are produced at the end. 

I have not panted on anything. The blury image is the final step in the action. I didn't get to the painting step. I'm going to delete it and try to reload. It seems unlikely that this action has more than 100 steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted everyting and ran it again. It worked this time. Not sure what I did with the first two times I tried this. I got a final rendering and am going to start editing it. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The problem occurs because you are probably painting on Background layer instead on Focus layer. After you see message to paint on Focus layer, click Continue but also select Focus layer then paint."

What do I paint? I want to use the watercolor actions on an existing image.  The Setup actions runs to completion correctly, I checked each step.  At the end, there is the orig. background layer and transparent layer above it called focus. It is transparent. After the closing msg from that action, I ran the 2nd action until the first select error came up at Set Selection To: transparency channel of layer focus'.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 13.06.00.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 13.16.46.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 13.06.57.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 13.06.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before running second action use Brush tool to paint on that transparent layer. Paint only where you want original image to be in focus, that is instruction and that is how action works and why it stops: for your input. It is best to re-watch instructions if I am failing to provide good explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank you for getting me straightened out with the watercolor option. Now, when it runs to completion, the final msg suggests to start editing from the group Image Control. Question -- is there any further guidance or tutorials on editing these layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines