• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Slices from PSB (or workaround)?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to export slices from a psb document.  I've learned that the save for web feature is not available for the psb file type so I'm looking for a work around/ script which will allow me to export multiple images from my doc. 

I'm not looking to export layers but rather multiple portions of a larger image (which contains many overlapping layers).   The exported images need to be pixel perfect.  

I realize that this may not be a typical request (as those using export for web are typically not using such large docs) but I did find several others online looking for some way to export slices from psb.  I was using artboards in Illustrator's large doc format to do this but the large doc format fails to create pixel perfect art.  As far as I can tell I can't use artboards in photoshop in the same way.  

Any work around or ideas are appreciated.  thanks!

Jen

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing how you setup the slices?

Is this a simple grid of say 5 columns and 3 rows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 07.54.56.pngScreenshot 2020-11-30 at 07.55.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here are two images which should help explain.  The project is empty at this point as I've just been testing the possibilities for workflow.

From the zoomed out image you can see 3 black rectangles.  These are like my timelines upon which I'll be designing some detailed pixel perfect artwork.  The top two are 186 px in height and the lower rectangle is 600 px in height but is to be exported as 5 sections of 120px in height each.  Each rectangle is 299,999 px wide.  

There is a gap between the two top rectangles as I want to avoid having artwork from one overlap onto the other.  The gap also makes it easier to recognise the boundaries of each.  Conversely, the bottom rectangle needs to be 5 sections of 120px height all touching to allow artwork to be shared seamlessly.  

Zoomed in, you can see that (as a test) I'm trying to export a section of the image (using the slice tool and clicking and dragging).  Using guides would probably be the best as far as my workflow does but as far as I know the simple fact of using guides to create the slices will not turn on the export for web feature as this is a psb file.  

Another important note:  I'll be editing and exporting various sections of these 7 sections.  Height will never change but width will always be changing.  In other words, the export workflow should be quick and easy if possible as I'll be choosing different areas of the image and exporting often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines