• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Color Lookup Tables as .xmp file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not provide the .xmp file format as a choice when exporting LUTS - Which is a problem as LR only accepts .xmp files when adding LUTS.

Is there a conversion of one of the offered file formats to .xmp? Thanks Brett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

You can follow the directions in the Profiles SDK (April 2018) to import a Lut you exported from photoshop into camera raw for exporting as an XMP that works in both Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Thanks - yeah I will try to figure that one out - I thought perhaps ACR could export .xmp

cheers

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was researching your question and ran across this post and thought it might be helpful.

LUT's import in LR

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michelle - I will check out the plugin. One of the replies there says you cant use luts in LR - well you certainly can now, they are in the profiles - to add your own though they need to be .xmp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah for me the plugin on that link is not what I am after and is perhaps a bit outdated now as LR does support Luts in its profiles.

So if PS could just add .xmp to its lut export file formats we can create our own (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that was an old answer. I thought it might provide a work around until the right answer is posted. One last question--are you trying to export from Camera Raw, or Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be good. Hopefully, Someone with more experience with LUTs can give you a better answer than I have!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can follow the directions in the Profiles SDK (April 2018) to import a Lut you exported from photoshop into camera raw for exporting as an XMP that works in both Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - yeah I will try to figure that one out - I thought perhaps ACR could export .xmp

cheers

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see Jeff's post above--I think it might be in line with what you are looking for.

Let us know what happens!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - because LR and ACR now both access their profiles from the camera raw folder they then share the profiles - so to get them into LR all you have to do is save them into ACR.

I wanted to use the filmstock_50 lut in LR so I opened an image in PS, added the color lookup table: filmstock_50 - I then went to export - color lookup table - then chose to export as .CUBE file (as this is what ACR recognises). I exported it to my downloads folder but desktop or whatever you want to use. Then I opened ACR and went to presets (far right). At the bottom is an icon of a page with corner turn - hold down option (MAC) while you click it and a table appears to add new preset. You will see to add a color lookup table it has the file set to .CUBE - so you simply click on the file you saved earlier and it adds it to ACR profiles which are also LR profiles.

Note - to see the profiles in ACR it is in first adjustment window, not the presets at far right where we accessed the loader.

LR will not display the new added profile until you shutdown LR and reopen it - then they are displayed in profiles (not presets)

You can of course save your own LUT profiles and change existing ones before you export from PS - LUT files hold color info only but that includes dehaze                   and contrast adjustments if you wish (or if not use the "color" blend for that layer before you export).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As clear as mud then.

"import a Lut you exported from photoshop into camera raw for exporting as an XMP"

Can we have clear directions from Adobe on this please. How does one 'import' a LUT into camera raw and then how does one 'export' to an xmp file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes read the Enhanced Profiles.pdf inside the Profiles SDK (April 2018) from here for clear directions:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines