Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files in Photoshop CC insanely large vs their "actual" size

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

When I import a files into Photoshop the file size is ~48MB (when viewed within the folder that the file is in), but in Photoshop CC it's 138MB, even a 1.33MB file (shot on S3) appears 22MB in Photoshop CC.

Hence, what settings do I need to change in order to have file size into Photoshop that corresponds with actual file size?

Regards,

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that you're opening jpgs, and the jpg format uses compression to reduce the file size.

The file size you see in your OS (File Explorer or Finder) is the compressed size on disk.

When you open the file in Photoshop, it is decompressed, and Photoshop will display the uncompressed file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All is well. What Photoshop is showing you is NOT file size, and not supposed to be. The file size that you will get in the future when you save isn't known until you save. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines