• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill Path Grayed Out

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following a tutorial that has me making paths with the pen tool and filling them in. The video is from 2017, and so the PS version is older than what I have. When the person completes the path, he right clicks on the image and selects "Fill Path" from the menu. Then he proceeds to fill it with the foreground color. When I right-click, I get a menu but mine says "Fill subpath" and it is grayed out. The "fill with foreground color" button on the Paths panel is also grayed out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do not have subtract selected in the Path operations. I've tried combine, merge, and exclude overlapping. Can someone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Be sure your active layer is a paintable raster layer, not an adjustment or type layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just started over on one path, and now the right-click menu says "Fill Path," but it's still grayed out. I also notice that in the Paths panel, there is only one "work path" although I currently have two paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure your active layer is a paintable raster layer, not an adjustment or type layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a regular 'ol layer from New Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you get from a layer to a paintable raster layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines