Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filters not previewing or applying and threshold layer mask not working

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to create 'bled ink' effect on a plain black vector graphic copied and pasted from AI, and on some text simultaneously. I've converted them both to a smart object and i'm using the gaussian blur effect followed by applying a threshold layer mask to fill in the blur to create a bleeding ink effect which actually works (i watched a tutorial on it but my PS just doesnt seem to do it??). 

I apply the gaussian blur (which works fine) and then i add the threshold layer mask and the histogram which allows you to vary the bleed, but the graph comes up as a blank and moving the dial changes nothing. 

I actually managed to ge the bleed effect to work once or twice ONLY on the text following the same process however, this has stopped working all together. 

I also cant get the pixelate > crystalise filter to work either and i feel like these issues are related. 

I've reset my PS presets and reopened but still with all the same problems. 

Looked everywhere, found nothing, and i simply cant understand why its not working,

please help...

thanks!

heres the tutorial I followed... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JdOaw3SRI

Heres what i think is the issue...

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 00.00.29.png

Heres what i'm pretty much trying to do...Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 00.01.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?