Highlighted

Fragmentation and scattering when resolution is changed

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the other day I installed photoshop on my 3D-computer where I run Maya and other 3D software but there is a problem with it that I don't get. And I'm used to working in PS so I immagine it is an Error of some kind:

When  I go into "Immage size" and change the resolution the immage getts all garbled and fragmented.
It only happens when I try to use "Resampel with Automatic".
Anyone experienced this before?
What could be causing it?
The program and computer is up to date.
Could it be an incompability with my GeForce RTX 2060?
I'm really preplexed at this behaviour and I've never seen anything like it in any image editing software, including Photoshop. Pictures attached of the problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fragmentation and scattering when resolution is changed

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the other day I installed photoshop on my 3D-computer where I run Maya and other 3D software but there is a problem with it that I don't get. And I'm used to working in PS so I immagine it is an Error of some kind:

When  I go into "Immage size" and change the resolution the immage getts all garbled and fragmented.
It only happens when I try to use "Resampel with Automatic".
Anyone experienced this before?
What could be causing it?
The program and computer is up to date.
Could it be an incompability with my GeForce RTX 2060?
I'm really preplexed at this behaviour and I've never seen anything like it in any image editing software, including Photoshop. Pictures attached of the problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the RTX2060 super and not experiencing any issues with Photoshop version 21.2.4, have you updated the driver from Nvidia, I'd recommend using the Studio driver and not the Game Ready version.

Also when updating do a custom install and perform a clean install from the advanced options.

Take a look here especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix your sh***y program and stop telling others that's it's their fault...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a helpful reply - not! 

No-one here can fix anything, we do not work for Adobe. We can advise that we have similar systems working without the issue described (I have an RTX 2080ti) and also how to test and resolve issues with the drivers.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@piotrp59073260 

FYI, I don't work for Adobe and it's certainly not my program, I just volunteer my time to help people on the forum, if you have nothing more than profanity to offer to this thread than please refrain from posting

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professional - Professional means paid, so your badge says you work for Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should Google the word professional, it has many meanings, in my case it's this "a person engaged or qualified in a profession" that dosen't mean I get paid to help people here, if you have evidence to prove otherwise then please post it here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
davescm LATEST
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that you are wrong Piotr. ACPs are volunteers we definitely do not work for Adobe. Look up "Professional" - it means more than getting paid. However this digression is diverting the thread from the issues that Simon has raised, so I suggest we refocus on those problems and post only if we have constructive help for him.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does indeed look like a GPU issue. A couple of things to test it.

1. Zoom in to 100% then zoom out again - does the image restore - in which case it is just the on screen preview.

2. Uncheck Use Graphics Processor in Preferences Performance and close and restart Photoshop. Does the issue go away?

3. Check "Legacy Compositing" in Preferences Performance and close and restart Photoshop. Does the issue go away?

If any of the above cases temporarily resolves the issue, update the NVidia drivers to the latest Studio drivers from the NVidia website then re-enable the GPU functionality. When doing so check "Advanced options" in the NVidia installer and choose "Clean Install". That will ensure remnants of the old driver are not carried forward.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to 20.0.10 fixed all my problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0