• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing in working process, only alt+tab helps

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS freezes while i'm workin, and unfreeze it can only alt+tab.

When i'm working on my laptop in PS soon it's start freezing, and have no reactions at all. But as soon as i press alt+tab it's unfreeze instantly.

Freezes instantly in the following situations: when working with large brushes, lasso, ctrl + z, resizing the window with brushes.

Tried to cure: Reinstalling Windows with formatting, different versions of Photoshop (2014-2017). Installing Windows on SSD and HDD, installing photoshop on SSD and HDD. Scanned for viruses - clean. Launched the test of the operative standard prog - without errors. Launched from two video cards integrated and discrete. The problem remains.

Laptop DEXP

intel core i7 4710-MQ 2,50Ghz

Intel hd 4600

Nvidia geforce 940m

HDD HTS545050A7E680

SSD Adata sp310 128gb

RAM noname 8gb

win 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Turning off handwriting windows service will helps.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\services  then find "touch keyboard and handwriting service" properties - startup type - disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romkavp ,

Thanks for the detailed post. Have you checked for an update of your GPU driver on Nvidia's website?

Most of the times GPU drivers and third party plugins do make apps unresponsive, Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences to default Preferences in Photoshop and check if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash. I have the same problem. both with a asus g550Jk, nvidia gtx850m, 16 RAM, HD 7200 rpm (2014) and a brand new Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16, i5, nvidia quadro M600m, both fresh installs of windows 10

it happens more frequently with the latest versions of photoshop. 2017 being the worst offender, 2015.5 is the one I use more often due to the UHD support and hand gestures, and 2014 the more stable, but less usable on the tablet.

deactivated antivirus, running the latest drivers, reset Photoshop preferences as you said, and the problem persists. it's really annoying having to alt-tab every few inputs....

thanks for any suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off handwriting windows service will helps.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\services  then find "touch keyboard and handwriting service" properties - startup type - disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have this problem for too long and couldn't find any solution. Turning off handrwiting service didn't help either. If you found any solution so far please share with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this issue. I am currently running photoshop on an i9 with 32G of ram with an Nvidia 1080ti. I have a studio pro 16 attached to this machine. While I am working it freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to switch tabs. I've tried everything disabling things etc but still the same issue. I even refreshed windows 10. Adobe guys please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same bug, I am using a Huion tablet. This does not seem to affect CS6 but does affect at least 2015-2019. The only extension I am using is brushbox.

I am using 64gb of ram, ryzen 1700, gtx 1070. 430.86 studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issues by installing an NVMe drive and assign it as the primary scratch disk. Athough I have enough ram photoshop still uses a scratch disk especially with large files. This has cleared any lag or hiccups I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this issue has been going on for several YEARS now without any kind of workable solution.

Nice to know I am paying this much money every month for a program that simply makes it impossible for me to do my work.  FUN!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, no solution (and I've tried everything...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! really frustrating.. ipad gives a better drawing experience than 'industry level' photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution that works for me...after years of suffering from this issue. I had given up and went to using Clip Studio full time when I finally found something that works. Prior to this, I tried everything from upgrading RAM, changing performance settings, and re-installing multiple times.

1. Disable Windows Defender real-time scan (change registry, do at own risk)

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-antivirus-windows-10

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

DisableAntiSpyware - 1 (DWORD-32), and DisableScanOnRealtimeEnable - 1  (DWORD-32)

2. Use a USB-C adapter for HDMI / USB inputs for drawing tablet. I used a cheap 3rd party USB-C adapter with USB-3 and HDMI instead of plugging the two cables directly into the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this video: KNKL 61: Optimizing Photoshop!

It solved all my Photoshop issues!

Too many features that doesn't work properly as it should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines