• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

from Photoshop to PDF without losing quality

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Please tell me how to save from Photoshop to PDF without losing quality? No matter how I tried, the color is still lost... Attachment settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots on the Forum directly. 

And meaningful information like what is the image’s Color Space, which pdf settings did you use, where are you viewing the pdf, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing in Reader DC Pro

1.png2.png3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image’s original Color Space? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat will usually use the Simulation Profile to display. 

So if your image is in a (large) RGB Space it may be displayed in a (smaller) CMYK Space, even though the pdf contains the RGB data. 

Please post screenshots from Photoshop (with the Status Bar set to »Document Profile«) and Acrobat (with the Output Panel visible). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no app "Reader DC". There is "Acrobat Reader DC" and "Acrobat Pro DC" - it cannot be both.

Please describe your steps to create. Do you print to PDF? Save as PDF? Convert in Acrobat? Convert in Windows?

Please show screen shots of what you expect, and the lost colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC for view!

For create I use Save as in the Photoshop. (Save as copy)

First screen shot - view in photoshop, second - in Pro DC

Photoshop original viewPhotoshop original viewDC Pro view after save to PDFDC Pro view after save to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image’s original Color Space? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe RGB (1998)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s fairly big so some clipping is to be expected in separating the image to CMYK. 

What is the Simulation Profile in Acrobat? FOGRA39, US Web Coated, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know... where can I see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots from Photoshop (with the Status Bar set to »Document Profile«) and Acrobat (with the Output Preview Panel visible). 

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 12.22.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find Status Bar set to »Document Profile... Where is it?

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Status Bar is in Photoshop at the lower left corner of image windows. 

statusBar.jpg

Your Simulation Profile is U.S.Web Coated … so the result should look the same as if you converted the RGB to that Space in Photoshop. 

Have you talked to your print provider about theur actual requirements? 

Because »no conversion« and »don’t include profile« make for a dangerous combination.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png

I don't have a print provider. I have my own Konica Minolta C258. I don't know real requirements for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to a desktop printer like this, you certainly don't want to convert to CMYK at all. Work in RGB, keep profiles. Experiment with printing settings. This printer is sold as an office copier/printer, not something for quality graphics, but experiment and you may get something acceptable. But don't try to go down the same route that someone would go, if they were going to a print provider.

In fact, consider why are you making a PDF at all... While PDF is often needed with a print provider, but you can just try printing from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from Photoshop prints perfectly, but the fact is that my notebooks are printed on both sides of the sheet. So I export all pages to pdf and combine them into one pdf. If photoshop could print on both sides, of course I would do so )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pages of my workbook. How can I send it to printer for print on both sides?

img-2020-09-18-16-13-34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help me with saving as pdf from photohop. What settings should I use for better print quality preservation?

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines