• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate image assets from layers: I NEED TO SET A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF KILOBYTES FOR EACH LAYER

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mates!

I have a repetitive task in my team. Checking the weight of my resulting generated files. Right now we are using % as explained in this wiki: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generate-assets-layers.html.Nonetheless seting the weight of the generated images in % is not efficient. It would save us quite a lot of time if Adobe can incorporate this feature: setting the final output in Kb or Mb. I think not ony my team and I would bennefit of it, but a big bunch of mates using Ps everyday.

Looking forward to learn from you!

Thank You

M

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers can be any size except for the background layer it is canvas size. The Background layer is a special layer that does not support transparency. How large a layers pixels store in a file depends on how well data compression work for its contents. If you want to give Adobe a suggestions or want a change made to Photoshop, You should use Adobe Feedback site.  This is a User forum site.  User here do not work for Adobe.  The site you want to use is https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @JJMack for letting me know about the feedback site. I will post there. Hoping to get some help 🙂

My ask is about having the resulting image banner, with generate assets, in a desired weight. Rather not using the % in the layer syntax, but a maximum value in Kb.

Best!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines