• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting "licensing for this product has expired" message after reinstalling CS6

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my operating system on the same computer from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. This of course meant I had to do a clean reinstall of all my software.

When I reinstalled Photoshop CS6, I got an error "licensing for this product has expired."

In hindsight, after researching the problem, I realize I should had deactivated CS6 on my 32-bit installation before upgrading the computer, but I didn't. I did, however, upgrade to a new hard drive when I upgraded my operating system, so I was able to put the old hard drive back in and deactivate the original installation after the fact.

However, on the 64- bit installation, even when I try uninstalling CS6 and installing it again, it accepts my serial number, but then gives me the "licensing for this product has expired message."

I have tried contacting Adobe online chat help twice. Each time I get an agent quickly, but after asking a few questions they tell me they need to transfer me to the "install department." The other night I was left in limbo a half hour waiting for the install department before I gave up. Tonight I've been on for almost an hour and am still waiting.

I assume that CS6 has left something in the registry of the 64-bit installation that no longer allows me to install Photoshop with my current (valid) serial number, but I have no idea how to fix it or get through to Adobe help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Just to update this, I was able to connect with Adobe by phone and resolve the problem. The guy on the phone was much more helpful than my two previous attempts to contact Adobe by their online chat.

The guy had me repeat the steps outlined in Solution 3 in the document that Bill refers to, however we also did the additional step of running a program called Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. That program removed the files from my system that were preventing Photoshop from running.

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Have you seen this Adobe KB Article: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html ?

Might be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill,

I had seen this article previously, but it didn't help. Since my serial number is correct, the only "solution" in the article that applied was solution 3.

The folders to be deleted are actually in the Program Files (x86) folder, but I deleted them and reinstalled.

I still get the same "licensing for this product has expired" message after following these steps.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a wild guess, but I'm wondering based on the wording of that error message whether perhaps your serial number has been coincidentally blacklisted by Adobe, having nothing to do with your installation.

Where did you get the license?

I believe you're going to have to call Adobe customer support to resolve this.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your "wild guess" Noel, but I very much doubt that's the case. I bought Photoshop directly from Adobe, and properly registered it, and haven't shared it with anyone. The serial number was correctly validated when I entered it.

I've been in contact with Adobe twice through "chat" but can't get a solution because they transfer me to an "install department" that never answers.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the telephone.

I didn't say that they had done so justifiably, but I do suspect they'll need to be involved to help you work it out.  Licensing mechanics are just not something a user-user forum can help much with.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update this, I was able to connect with Adobe by phone and resolve the problem. The guy on the phone was much more helpful than my two previous attempts to contact Adobe by their online chat.

The guy had me repeat the steps outlined in Solution 3 in the document that Bill refers to, however we also did the additional step of running a program called Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. That program removed the files from my system that were preventing Photoshop from running.

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I tried, again and again, to solve the re-install problem of my CS6 Design & Web Premium on a newer HD and could not get any help by chat service. You wrote that  I can call ADOBE by phone and solve it?  what phone number? Thanks, Aviv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines