Highlighted

Gold Effect for a FIFA Coin?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have designed a FIFA Coin (image preview in the provided link). I used a texture and some gradient to give a gold effect to it, but I'm not very satisfied with the results. Do you know a better way to do it, or is there a tutorial for it? Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

You might try adding a Style to it. Styles are saved settings of the various effects in Layer Styles. There are some metallic styles in the Legacy styles. To add Legacy Styles go to Window > Styles to open the Styles panel. Click the panel menu in the upper right corner and go to Legacy Styles and More. Then double click on the layer where you want to apply the layer style and click on Styles at the top on the left to select one on the right side. Go to Legacy Styles and More > 2019 Styles > Metallic. Give the Gold one a try. Because they are styles, you can edit how they appear by clicking on the various options on the left (on the name, not the checkmark--that turns it off). For Gold, you might want to modify the Bevel & Emboss settings.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gold Effect for a FIFA Coin?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have designed a FIFA Coin (image preview in the provided link). I used a texture and some gradient to give a gold effect to it, but I'm not very satisfied with the results. Do you know a better way to do it, or is there a tutorial for it? Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

You might try adding a Style to it. Styles are saved settings of the various effects in Layer Styles. There are some metallic styles in the Legacy styles. To add Legacy Styles go to Window > Styles to open the Styles panel. Click the panel menu in the upper right corner and go to Legacy Styles and More. Then double click on the layer where you want to apply the layer style and click on Styles at the top on the left to select one on the right side. Go to Legacy Styles and More > 2019 Styles > Metallic. Give the Gold one a try. Because they are styles, you can edit how they appear by clicking on the various options on the left (on the name, not the checkmark--that turns it off). For Gold, you might want to modify the Bevel & Emboss settings.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 1