Gradient that goes with shape edges

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I want to achieve gradient effect like this:
tlo-paski.png

Like only the edge of the gradient goes to the full transparency. Something like irregular radiant gradient 🙂
The funny story is, this is my own work from the beginning of the year. I remember it was super simple to make, so I didn't bother to save url tutorial or the way I did this.  Like it was just selecting one option.

Now I'm searching for a way to do this. Can anyone help? 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a Gaussian Blur has been applied (Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur...).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

31349E57-FC1A-4D5E-8A27-95F89C257AFF.jpeg

Like Myra says, Gaussian blur is probably applied. Another way you can achieve this is by selecting the object>select >inverse>select>modify>feather and delete to desired effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies!

After two more hours I've found the solution 😄

After creating a shape (it can be even irregular one), you just need to add layer effect > stroke, choose gradient one and type would be "broken shape" (I don't have english version, may be slight different) - you probably won't find that gradient option anywhere else.

Well, old gaussian blur also will do the trick. However, this is way more flexible and can produce more complex effects (but I know my ask was pretty simple :))

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines