• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Processor seems to be crashing

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using Photoshop, it seems like the graphics processor will just fail or crash.

Specifically: I use Photoshop to draw and I will nearly constantly be using the R, Space+Ctrl, B, E, X, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+S, and Caps hotkeys. I will almost never use any other hotkeys.
I will draw for a while and all of a sudden, none of these hotkeys will work (except ctrl+s to save, for some reason). I can't zoom at all, I can't switch tools, I can't use the brush or make marks. The program doesn't seem frozen or "not responding", it's just dead. I close it and restart it and it's fine until the next time it happens. I don't even need to use task manager to close it.

Turning off "use graphics processor" does seem to stop this from happening, but I need this to draw comfortably. It's extremely annoying to draw without it after being so used to it.

I've updated Wacom's drivers and Nvidia's drivers. I've also made sure Photoshop was updated.
Does anyone know what's going on or how I can stop this from happening?

here are my specs
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700
32g Ram
Nvidia 1080ti - Studio Driver Version 452.06
Photoshop 21.2.3 (this was happening before I updated to this as well)
Wacom Cintiq 27QHD - Ver 6.3.40-2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since version 21.2 was released a lot of people have been having issues related to GPU's, both old and not so old, version 21.1.3 works fine, versions 21.2/21.2.1/21.2.2/21.2.3 not so good.

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't seem to help.

So this is just a problem with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to go back to 21.1.3 and the same thing is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so there's just no fix for this? or...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumping this because I'm still experiencing this horrible problem. I've updated Wacom, Nvdia and Photoshop multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines