• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid for Text, A box for each letter

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to make something like this as easy as possible, is there a way that the boxes, or cells, can be automatically generated with text?

wtf4.png

I've tried a lot of word combinations in Google and I haven't found an answer. The only way I can think of is manually adding each box, but I'm pretty sure there's an easier way to do this. Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is to make a brush and set the spacing so the boxes link. Add text and set the tracking to align in the boxes.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 095626.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s fairly easy to script in InDesign. You could do it there and export a PNG or cut and paste to your PS doc. Something like this:

//the point size
var ps = 50

//dialog for text
var d = app.dialogs.add({name:"Text"});
var tf = d.dialogColumns.add().textEditboxes.add({editContents:"", minWidth:180});
d.show();
var t = tf.editContents;	
d.destroy();

//make the text frames
var d = app.documents.add();
d.viewPreferences.horizontalMeasurementUnits = MeasurementUnits.POINTS;
d.viewPreferences.verticalMeasurementUnits = MeasurementUnits.POINTS;

for (var i = 0; i < t.length; i++){
    var tf = d.textFrames.add({geometricBounds: [0,0,ps,ps], contents: t[i], fillColor: "Paper", strokeWeight: 2, strokeColor: "Black", textFramePreferences: {firstBaselineOffset: FirstBaseline.CAP_HEIGHT, insetSpacing: 0, minimumFirstBaselineOffset: 0, verticalJustification: VerticalJustification.CENTER_ALIGN}});  
    tf.parentStory.properties = {justification: Justification.CENTER_ALIGN, pointSize: 50};
    tf.move([i*ps, 0])
};   

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines