Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Editing Wedding Photos for My Wife

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My wife and I recently got married and were given our photos that we were looking forward to seeing and discovered they don't look as good as we were expecting. My wife is upset and doesn't want to look at any of the photos and I am trying to edit a few of them in the hopes to cheer her up. The issue with the photo is that the ground where the photos were taken are not green with grass and show brown weathered grass that makes it clash very much. I am using Adobe Photoshop Pro and don't know how to get started and would appreciate any tutorials or advice you could provide. I know this is a big ask and I just wanted to try to do something to help fix a piece of our memory I hope to change her view on. I do appreciate any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to make things worse you should probably ask a professional to retouch these for you.

Otherwise double check your Photoshop - there is no "Photoshop Pro". It's either CS or CC version or Photoshop Elements.

If you have elements, Lynda.com is a good place to start learning - you can find out more here:

Learning Photoshop Elements 2018

If you do have Photoshop CC, here is where you can start for that:

Photoshop CC 2018 Essential Training: The Basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and congrats on getting married. If you upload a few of your photos I'll be happy to try and make then look better for you and I'm sure I speak for a lot of other people here. Alternatively upload to some cloud storage and provide a link for us-we can't have Mrs Jvs3141 sad at this happy time.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, congratulations and good luck! Next, unfortunately there is no single Fix-It key in Photoshop and when it comes to images as important as yours, it would be best if a professional handled the project. In making inquiries, you may find that your budget can’t handle the strain. In that case, consider the following alternative:

It is now August and in a month from now classes will begin at US colleges. If there is a school in your area you may get in touch with the Department Chairman who oversees Photoshop courses and ask whether there is a particularly talented student (or alum) who may be interested in handling the project. (I am a retired college prof and can attest to the fact that similar requests turn up now and then.) Before you give the go-ahead have him or her correct a couple of typical images (pay a small fee) and judge for yourself whether you are pleased with the result.

One more bit of advice: put in writing all the specifics of your contract and agree to provide the images in batches so that you can stop at any time. If quality tapers off, you are not locked into a total project cost. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terri is a top Photoshop professional and you're lucky that she's generously offered to help. But note, she's not a magician!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines